Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Department or Division: Accounting
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
The primary duties for this position are to assist the accounting department in its day-to-day operations and ensure that accounting activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner. This position will require a self-starting individual who enjoys task variety. As part of the AirClean Systems accounting team, the Accounting Clerk is tasked with the responsibilities below. Individuals who will excel in this position will be detail-oriented, highly organized and enjoy helping out in a team environment.
The core responsibilities of this position include
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Finance department, including filing, report generation, budget review, etc.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Perform various accounts receivable functions, including but not limited to, posting cash receipts and processing credit card payments.
- Perform various accounts payable functions, including but not limited to, posting invoices and processing payments to vendors.
- Identify outstanding account receivables and take actions to encourage timely payments, including but not limited to contacting customers to discuss overdue payments.
- Prepare and present reports on collection activities and progress.
- Produce information by creating, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, graphics and data.
- Resolve billing issues and customer credit issues.
- Perform invoicing work as necessary.
- Work closely with sales, service, engineering, and operations to manage the customers’ expectations and promote company growth.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university or college
- Experience and familiarity with MAS 200 software preferred but not required
- Proficiency with 10-key and Microsoft Word & Excel
- Attention to detail
- An ability to remain organized and thorough during periods of high work volumes
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Must have organization and time management skills.
- Perform accounting tasks with accuracy.
- Display a high quality of customer service when interacting with clients in regards to billing questions, credit terms, etc.
- Help foster a team environment between management, accounting, and other company departments to ensure corporate goals are achieved.
This position will be based at our headquarters located in Creedmoor, NC.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position.
The general hours shall be Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with an hour break for lunch.
Work is regularly performed in an office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
No travel required.
Compensation package includes major medical benefits, life insurance and 401K plan with employer contribution. Paid personal leave plus company paid general holidays and paid company holidays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your resume/work history, cover letter and complete and upload the following documents below. AirClean Systems is an equal opportunity employer. AirClean Systems prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
503 Form Background Check EEO Disability EEO Self-Id