With continued business growth and expanding engineering initiatives, AirClean® Systems has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Welder. AirClean Systems designs and manufactures ductless fume hoods, laminar flow hoods and related enclosures for institutions worldwide.
Established in 1992, AirClean Systems is the largest North American manufacturer of ductless laboratory safety equipment and forensic containment solutions. We are an international company with divisions in the US and Australia, as well as distributors worldwide. AirClean Systems products are used by major pharmaceutical companies, petroleum companies, federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, schools, colleges, universities and medical institutions worldwide. Many of our products can even be seen in popular television dramas and movies. For further information about us please visit our website at www.aircleansystems.com/.
Our company is seeking an experienced Welder to join our production team. We are looking for a hardworking individual who enjoys meeting challenges and exceeding quality expectations. The ideal candidate will have a background in plastic welding. The Welder is a key member of the production team.
• Under general supervision, performs assembly operations at a work
station or work bench.
• Uses hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices such as tape
measure to perform the following duties: Sanding, Cutting, Drilling,
Packaging / Polishing, Material Handling, Weld Preparation. Assembly
of new machines, rebuilding old machines, and/or modifications to
• Proficient in assigned welding techniques.
• Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps,
• Welding equipment maintenance.
• Read and interpret blueprints, assembly drawings, and part lists to
perform required functions.
• Inspects grooves, angles, and gap allowances, using micrometer,
caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
• Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions using metal or
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Basic math skills
• Basic problem solving ability
• Three to six months related experience and/or training.
• Welding certification a plus.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience to be a qualified
• Successful completion of an internal welding test.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and management
Terms of employment
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position.
The general hours for the first shift shall be 7:00am to 3:30pm with a
one-half hour unpaid break for lunch. Other paid breaks are offered. The
general hours for the second shift shall be 3:30pm to 12:00am with a
one-half hour unpaid break for lunch. Other paid breaks are offered.
Work is regularly performed in a warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to stand/walk.
The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must
occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 80 pounds. The employee must
frequently use fine and gross hand motor skills.
No travel required.
Compensation package includes major medical benefits, life insurance
and 401K plan with employer contribution. Paid personal leave plus
company paid general holidays and paid company holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. AirClean Systems is an equal opportunity employer. AirClean Systems prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.