With continued business growth and expanding initiatives, AirClean Systems has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Electrical Assembler. AirClean Systems designs and manufactures ductless fume hoods, laminar flow hoods and related enclosures for institutions worldwide.
Established in 1992, AirClean® Systems is the largest North American manufacturer of ductless laboratory safety equipment and forensic containment solutions. We are an international company with divisions in the US and Australia, as well as distributors worldwide. AirClean® Systems products are used by major pharmaceutical companies, petroleum companies, federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, schools, colleges, universities and medical institutions worldwide.Many of our products can even be seen in popular television dramas and movies. For further information about us please visit our website at www.aircleansystems.com/.
JOB TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under general supervision, performs assembly operations at a work
station or bench using basic hand tools.
• Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample
assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be
performed. Must be able to read and interpret assembly instructions.
Ability to identify and read values of common electronic components.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly
prints, and electronic schematics.
• Familiarity with tools. Operates some specialty machines and tools
such as a drill, crimpers, cable cutter and various hand tools.
• Crimps, screws, bolts, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar
operations to join or secure parts in place. Advanced soldering and wire
• Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors,
transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis
• Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and
connects wires between individual component leads and other
components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
• Component assembly wiring harnesses, cable assemblies, connectors,
chassis wiring assemblies, various sensors, and control panels,
electrical and mechanical and assemblies.
• Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
• Build sub-assemblies which require multiple people working on it or
build a new instrument from the beginning to end.
• Perform troubleshooting and repairs.
• Perform in-process inspection. Ability to perform inspections on work to
verify compliance to production specifications and standards.
• May train other Operators in the above skills.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Attention to detail a must
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Two Year Trade / Technical School Degree /military certification; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
• Three to six months of related experience and/or training
• Manufacturing/Warehouse experience
This position will be based at our Creedmoor, NC headquarters.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, hourly position. Employment is at will.
The general hours for first shift shall be 7:00am to 3:30pm with a one-
half hour break for lunch. Paid breaks are included. The general hours
for second shift shall be 3:30pm to 12:00am with a one-half hour break
for lunch. Paid breaks are included.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally
exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. Work is regularly performed
in a warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to talk or listen. The employee is
frequently required to stand and/or walk. The employee is occasionally
required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with arms or
hands. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 80
No travel is expected for this position.
Compensation package includes 401K plan, Paid Time Off, and health
insurance once full-time permanent status is attained.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. AirClean Systems is an equal opportunity employer. AirClean Systems prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.