AirClean Systems is expanding our engineering team to include an additional Mechanical Engineer. AirClean Systems designs and manufactures ductless fume hoods, laminar flow hoods and related enclosures for institutions worldwide.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
Mechanical engineer, as part of the overall engineering team, will be responsible for maintaining the AirClean Systems product portfolio, researching and updating product designs, conceptualizing and prototyping new designs, creating assembly procedures, transferring design changes to production, and interfacing with quality teams to ensure product is manufactured to spec. Must have skills to manage engineering changes, bill of material creation and cost estimating. Must be well versed in 2D and 3D CAD software, specifically SolidWorks and AutoCad.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Modifying existing product designs for custom projects per customer requirements
- Routine drawing modifications for addition of service fixtures, outlets, etc to an enclosure
- Creation of 3D models for legacy products drawn only in 2D
- Prototype design, assembly and review
- Streamlining existing designs for improved production time and quality
- Confirming fabrication and assembly processes
- Bachelors Degree required; BSME preferred
- 2+ years experience in related field
- Strong mechanical design experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision as well as work well in a team environment
- CNC programming and operating experience
- Proficiency with Mastercam
- Familiarity with plastic thermal welding and thermoforming
- Experience with airflow modeling
This position will be based in our Creedmoor/Butner facility.
Compensation package includes retirement plan, PTO and health insurance option once full-time permanent status is attained.
About AirClean Systems:
AirClean® Systems, established in 1992, is the largest North American manufacturer of ductless laboratory safety equipment and forensic containment solutions. We are an international company with divisions in the US, Canada and Australia, as well as distributors worldwide. AirClean® Systems products are used by major pharmaceutical companies, petroleum companies, federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, schools, colleges, universities and medical institutions worldwide. Many of our products can even be seen in popular television dramas and movies.