SENIOR SERVICE TECHICIAN
With continued business growth and expanding initiatives, AirClean Systems has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Senior Service Technician. AirClean Systems designs and manufactures ductless fume hoods, laminar flow hoods and related enclosures for institutions worldwide.
Established in 1992, AirClean® Systems is the largest North American manufacturer of ductless laboratory safety equipment and forensic containment solutions. We are an international company with divisions in the US and Australia, as well as distributors worldwide. AirClean® Systems products are used by major pharmaceutical companies, petroleum companies, federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, schools, colleges, universities and medical institutions worldwide.Many of our products can even be seen in popular television dramas and movies.
The AirClean Systems Senior Service Technician reports directly to the Service Manager and provides technical support to customers via phone, email and other necessary forms of communication, up to and including onsite visits for both AirClean Systems and Mystaire customers and products. Utilizing training, experience and communication with other departments within AirClean Systems, you will resolve customer issues and provide documentation of these issues. The information provided from these issues will assist in future product improvement and development.
JOB TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives and resolves external customer generated telephonic, e-mail
and in-person technical service and repair issues related to customer
equipment for all of our products, especially the more complex
• Creates service documents and assists in maintaining the central
repository files and database of all customer-owned equipment.
• Issues and tracks customer RMAs through the use of our ERP system.
• Assists in the attainment of a high level of customer feedback, complies
with quality standards, and executes service plans.
• Maintains accountability-of and accurate inventories-for AirClean
Systems or Mystaire equipment and spare-parts.
• Performs service work on customer-owned equipment at off-site work
locations within the United States.
• Assists in the installation of customer-owned equipment at customer
work locations within the United States.
• Documents all customer interactions utilizing our CRM tool and TSRs as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Associates Degree from accredited college or university or equivalent
• 3+ years of service within a technical service/production environment
• Strong verbal, interpersonal, and oral communication skills with
effective writing and graphical skills
• High level of computer proficiency including MS Office Suite, Word,
Excel and CRM/ERP business systems applications
• High level of customer service and satisfaction skills
• Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware issues down to the root cause
at the component level
• Ability to use measurement tools such as a multi-meter
• Applicable device, IT, or Electrical Industry Professional Certification(s)
• Certification experience
• Ductless fume hood experience
This position will be based at our Creedmoor, NC offices.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position.
The general hours shall be 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday with an
hour break for lunch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to
moving mechanical parts and various electrical components. Work is
regularly performed in a combination of office and warehouse
environments, but can also consist of onsite visits to hospitals,
laboratory, and law enforcement facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand,
and/or walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with arms or hands. The employee
must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 100 pounds.
Travel up to 50% of employee working hours may be required.
Compensation package includes 401K plan, Paid Time Off, health
insurance, and Teledoc benefits once full-time permanent status is
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. AirClean Systems is an equal opportunity employer. AirClean Systems prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. For further information about us please visit our website at www.aircleansystems.com/.