MECHANICAL ENGINEER (JUNIOR)
Founded in 2003, CS Medical LLC is a leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing of FDA registered medical devices that are designed to provide high-level disinfection of ultrasound TEE probes and are used in hospitals worldwide. Our products are engineered and developed with one single objective in mind: to minimize the potential of patient exposure to improperly reprocessed TEE ultrasound probes. Our core patented products, the TD 100 and TEEClean, are an example of our ongoing commitment to innovation and to the health and safety of medical patients and staff.
Our products incorporate temperature critical fluidics, microprocessor control and data transfer, interactive human interface and electromechanical design components. The company installs and services its systems throughout North America and has international distributors in countries worldwide. We operate in an ISO 13485 quality environment and are an FDA registered manufacturer.
Beyond high-level disinfection of TEE probes, CS Medical believes in managing the quality of care given to delicate TEE probes. Our product offering provides solutions for the healthcare facility to minimize TEE ultrasound probe damage and reduce the potential of contaminating high-level disinfected probes prior to use. The products address the following areas: bedside cleaning, electrical leakage testing, drying, transporting and storing the TEE ultrasound probe. Our objective is to manage the care given to each TEE probe thus allowing for a reduction in healthcare associated infections.
With continued business growth and expanding engineering initiatives, CS Medical has an immediate opportunity for a full-time mechanical engineer with 1 to 5 years’ experience, who is interested in continuing to develop his/her skills and learn on the job. The candidate must have well developed skills for communicating with other departments, writing reports, executing engineering changes, and interfacing with vendors. The candidate must have experience in mechanical troubleshooting and failure analysis. The candidate must be well versed in 3D CAD software, specifically SolidWorks. The appropriate candidate will be self-motivated with a willingness to work with and receive feedback from team members and decision makers.
CS Medical seeks to provide a challenging and rewarding work environment through flexible hours and paid time off. With a focus on quality of work, opportunities for career development depend only upon the willingness of the employee to seek out challenges and tackle tough problems. Located in Creedmoor, CS Medical is a short, low-traffic commute from Raleigh and Durham, and just a few miles from Falls Lake State Recreation Area.
JOB TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The CS Medical Mechanical Engineer, reporting directly to the CS Medical Engineering Manager, will be responsible for maintaining the CS Medical product portfolio, researching and updating product designs, developing and prototyping new designs, creating assembly procedures, transferring design changes to production, and interfacing with other departments to ensure product is manufactured to specifications.
• Design, prototype, assemble and review mechanical designs
• Create 3D models for legacy products drawn only in 2D
• Streamline existing designs for improved production time, improved
quality and cost reduction
• Failure investigation and root cause analysis
• Initiating and completing Engineering Change Orders
• Product verification and validation, including protocol development and
• Participate in product design discussions
• Engage in engineering meetings and present ideas
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Technology or similar engineering degree or equivalent education and
• Strong 3D mechanical design experience with SolidWorks
• Proven skills, experience and expertise in problem solving and creative
• Strong verbal, interpersonal, and oral communication skills with
effective writing and graphical skills
• High level of computer proficiency including MS Office Suite (Word,
• Attention to detail a must
• Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as
independently with little supervision
• Must be able to do hands-on building of prototypes and be comfortable
in the use of basic power tools.
• SolidWorks experience – modelling, sheet metal, assemblies and
• Familiarity with various fabrication methods: thermoforming, injection
molding, machining, stamping & forming
• Hands-on experience in prototype fabrication, machining skills are a
• Comfortable working with other engineering disciplines and
departments, suppliers and customers
• Medical device experience is a plus
This position will be based at our Creedmoor, NC offices.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, salary, exempt position.
The core hours shall be Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm. As a salaried employee you are expected to work at least forty (40) hours per week. Our flex schedule policy applies to you. You can flex around the core hours listed above to complete the remaining required hours in the office. You have the discretion for lunch and other breaks. We expect our salaried employees to complete their work and manage their time as needed.
Work is regularly performed in office, warehouse, and laboratory environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 80 pounds.
Minimal travel may be required